Taqueena is a doctoral-level licensed professional counselor (LPC) who is nationally certified (NCC) and possesses specialized training in telemental health counseling (BC-TMH). She works collaboratively with individuals (ages 18+) surrounding a variety of issues including, but not limited to: depression, anxiety, grief, self-esteem, life transitions, adjustment issues, stress management, and interpersonal relationships. She has a special interest in working with and supporting military-connected individuals including active duty and veteran service members. Her approach to therapy is integrative and dependent upon the client’s unique needs, as there is no “one size fits all” with therapy. She strives to build rapport with her clients by supporting and guiding them to adopt healthier ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving. Together, they explore the challenges faced and work toward positive change.
- Years in Practice: 7 years
- Education: Medaille College (Mental Health Counseling) and Argosy University (Counselor Education and Supervision)
- License and State: #PRC 14642 District of Columbia
- American Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association